Tips for Choosing a Topic
- If at all possible choose a topic that interests you
- Think about aspects of your topic that would be of particular interest to your audience or the occasion.
- Try to make your topic specific.
- Example: Instead of global warming, focus on a particular solution or cause
- Example: Instead of addressing gun violence, examine a particular law that has contributed or reduced gun violence
- If you can't think of a topic, try searching in the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center or the CQ Researcher. Both of these tools provide links to information about popular research topics and those in the news.
- If you'd like to discuss your topic more, feel free to get in touch with me.