State of the News Media
The State of the News Media is an annual report on American journalism from the Pew Project for Excellence in Journalism.
The State of the News Media report combines original research and aggregated data on major sectors in the field of journalism:
- network / cable / local TV
- media ownership
Try ArticlesPlus, the Library's MEGA-SEARCH Engine!
Explore mass communication topics here!
Oxford Bibliographies Online : Communication is a great place to explore Communication & Mass Media topics. In OBO you can find:
- In-depth coverage of more than a hundred topics
- Each book or article entry has a “Find this resource” link which makes it easy to locate in our collection
- You can sign up for a free "My OBO" account to create custom lists of resources that match your interests
From the page at the above link, click on "Connect" and then "Communication" on the next page to see the A-Z list of research topics
Recommended e-books for journalism & communciation
Both of these e-books are available from on or off campus
The Encyclopedia of Journalism is an e-book full of background information on various aspects of journalism:
- news gathering, reporting, editing & distribution
- trends, issues, concepts in media
- media outlets, audiences individuals & institutions
- changing technologies, legal & ethical issues, economics
The International Encyclopedia of Communication is another e-book covering many communication & mass media topics and theories.
Other Online Research Guides to Try
If you find this guide useful and want to see more, check out the following guides that would be very helpful for journalism majors: