For this challenge, you will need to devise a plan to identify potential donors who have previously lived in Appalachia and are likely to want to give money to charities in the region.
For this challenge, I recommend that you seek the following information:
- why people give -- or do not give money
- what strategies can be used to encourage giving or philanthropy
- what specific challenges are faced by those in Appalachia that might encourage former residents to give
- what effect new technologies have had on giving -- for example, might a Kickstarter or Go Fund Me-type campaign work better than a traditional campaign
- what are common qualities of pepole who have left the region that you can use to help identify them wherever they currently live