This Guide is designed to be an easy introduction to both library and online sources for the study of Classics at Ohio University. It is not the be-all and end-all of sites--but it is a good starting point.
Oxford Bibliographies Online: Classics
The Oxford Bibliogaphy online for Classics, is a wonderful source for starting to explore a research topic--or even to get ideas for a topic in the first place.
- Combines the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia.
- In-depth coverage of more than a hundred topics.
- Each entry has a “Find this resource” link which makes it easy to locate the book or journal article in our collection.
- If you sign up for a free "My OBO" account, you can create custom lists of resources that match your interests.
ArticlesPlus is a single database which searches the contents of more than 100 databases all at the same time. Using this one searchbox above, you can find items from:
- All EBSCOhost databases that we have
- All JSTOR journals that we have
- ISI Web of Knowledge
- Several newspaper databases
- Our ALICE Catalog (books, videos, names of magazines, journals, and newspapers, and more)
- ...and much more
A word of warning: it does not include "everything"! We have numerous additional databases--including about two dozen from ProQuest--that are not included in ArticlesPlus. To find and connect to these, consult the Databases feature in ALICE.