Distance Learners are members of the Ohio University community and therefore have equal access to many of the library’s services, resources, and research tools. If you have any questions about access library resources or finding any other information, please don't hesitate to contact me.
All Distance Learners
- If you need a single chapter out of a book, you can request to have a PDF of the article made through our InterLibrary Loan Department (via the ILLiad service).
- Place a request by logging into the ILLiad service and filling out the form to request a book chapter.
- You'll receive an email when the chapter is available. Return to ILLiad and downlaod the PDF of your article.
Distance Learners Living in Ohio
- Determine if the book you want is available at an OhioLINK library by searching the OhioLINK catalog.
- If the book is available in OhioLINK, you can place a request to have it sent to an OhioLINK library near you. This video shows how to send a book to any OhioLINK library for pickup.
- If the book is not available in OhioLINK, please contact our Interlibrary Loan Department directly at email@example.com.
Distance Learners Living Outside Ohio:
- If you are interested in having a book sent to you, please contact our Interlibrary Loan Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and Other Electronic Resources
- Many library resources -- especially research articles -- are available online. The different pages on this research guide show you how to access research materials in Communication Studies. Should you have any difficulty finding the resources you need, please contact me or use the Ask a Librarian services.
- If you need resources on a different subject, you may want to look at the rest of our Subject Guides.
- If you find that we don't have an online version of the article you need, you can usually get a PDF copy made for you via our InterLibrary Loan service.
- Log into the ILLiad service and fill out the form to request an article.
- You'll receive an email when the article is available. Return to the ILLiad service and download the PDF of the article.