Broadcast transcripts can be difficult to find for many reasons, so here are a few tips that may help:
- Because of technology changes over the years, a given program's transcripts may exist in a number of different formats such as microfilm, video, print, or online full-text. Look in the ALICE Catalog in addition to databases.
- This is also true for online full-text databases. For example, Lexis Nexis will have different transcripts than Factiva, so you may need to search both.
- Often transcripts or audio & video archives can be found at the website of a news outlet. Try the BBC News website, PBS NewsHour, etc.
If you can't find what you need using this subject guide, here's where to get help.
- Contact me using the chat box or email links on this guide, or make an appointment with me to discuss in-person.
- If I'm not available or it's late, you can always talk to another Alden librarian using the Libraries Ask a Libraian service online or in person at the 2nd floor Help Desk.