About this Guide
This Guide is designed for use by students in CLWR 3350/5350: Buddhism, taught by Dr. Brian Collins.
Its purpose is to provide resources and tips for doing research projects for this class.
Oxford Bibliographies Online: Buddhism
The Oxford Bibliography for Buddhism is a wonderful place to start exploring a research topic--or even to get ideas for a topic in the first place.
- Combines the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia.
- In-depth coverage of more than a hundred topics.
- Each entry has a “Find this resource” link which makes it easy to locate the book or journal article in our collection.
- If you sign up for a free "My OBO" account, you can create custom lists of resources that match your interests.
ArticlesPlus is a single database which searches the contents of more than 100 databases all at the same time. Using this one searchbox above, you can find items from:
- All EBSCOhost databases that we have
- All JSTOR journals that we have
- ISI Web of Knowledge
- Several newspaper databases
- Our ALICE Catalog (books, videos, names of magazines, journals, and newspapers, and more)
- ...and much more
A word of warning: it does not include "everything"! We have numerous additional databases--including about two dozen from ProQuest--that are not included in ArticlesPlus. To find and connect to these, consult the Databases feature in ALICE.